Friday, January 2, 2009

Milan's Gattuso Reflects On 2008; And Talks Up Istanbul Return...

Crocked midfielder Gattuso spoke about his desires for the upcoming year...
At the start of December, Serie A was shocked by the news that midfield schemer Gennaro Gatusso could be out for the rest of the season as he tore his anterior cruciate ligament during the 1-0 victory over Catania.Gatusso caught up with the Milan Channel during the second day of the club's training camp in Dubai, to share his reflections over the past year, and his hopes for 2009."Today a year ends of which I would not throw away anything, aside from the injury I suffered, but that's also part of the game and I only have to accept it. "Sixteen days have passed, slowly I am healing."He continued: "I have a lot of desire to return, particularly because of how I am character-wise, I am always ready to analyse and judge myself, I'd like to come back stronger than before, but at the moment all I can do is wait."On the prospect of returning for the Uefa Cup final in Istanbul, he said: "Certainly, but only the thought that Milan might participate to a final, particularly at Istanbul, is for me a reason of great pride. "It would be a great satisfaction to be there, but if I wouldn't make it because of my knee, I would still be on the sidelines to encourage my team mates and transmit my strength on them."He concluded: "A special wish goes to all the Rossoneri fans who are always numerous at the stadium and who always support us. I hope we are able to achieve some satisfactions the coming year to make all the Rossoneri hearts happy."In the immediate weeks after Rino's injury, thousands of Goal.com users sent their messages of support, upon reading the notes, Gatusso sent a heartwarming thank-you.

No comments:

Post a Comment