Sunday, January 4, 2009

I Can't Imagine Not Being At Milan - Ronaldinho


From the Rossoneri's Dubai training camp, Ronaldinho talked about the Scudetto race, his ambitions for the new year, the Ballon D'Or, and ending his career at Milan...

From Milan's winter training camp in Dubai, Ronaldinho talked about the team's objectives for the new year, and in particular for the second half of the season.

"We want to play a great Uefa Cup, and finish the league in the top positions to be able to play in the Champions League next season," he said. "These preparations are very important to get back some players we've been missing badly in this period."

On the Scudetto race with Inter, Ronnie said: "We immediately have a difficult match against Roma, in a stadium with a lot of enthusiasm, but we have to start well. It won't be easy, but only by preparing well and playing well will we be able to recover those 9 points that separate us from Inter. We have a good chance to make 2009 an excellent year."

He then went on to talk about his own shape: "I am improving every day, as are my team mates. The only thing I am missing is the match rhythm, but physically I am feeling perfect.

"The Ballon D'Or? I'm only thinking about Milan, individual titles only come when the team the player is a part of gets results."

On the difficulties of managing so many big names in one team, particularly after the arrival of David Beckham, the 28-year-old said: "The important thing is that everyone is ready to sacrifice themselves for the team. Personally, I don't have any problems playing anywhere, midfield or attack, right or left, it doesn't make a difference to me."

Finally, on whether he sees himself ending his career with Milan, Ronaldinho said: "For now I'm not thinking about what I'll do when my career ends. At the moment, however, I cannot imagine being in any team other than Milan."

No comments:

Post a Comment