Monday, January 5, 2009

Alessandro Nesta: My Career Is Not Over


The former Azzurri stopper has been injured for quite some time, but he insists that he will return to the pitch soon...

Milan defender Alessandro Nesta feels that he is ready to make his return to Serie A, as he wants to prove to all of those who have written him off that he is still a world-class player.

Injuries have slowed Nesta down in the past few years, but he has made a lot of progress during his rehabilitation time in Miami and now feels fully motivated for his return to the Italian top-flight in the coming days.

"I return in Italy on January 14 and the day after I will be at Milanello for the physical preparations," declared the former Lazio player to Il Giornale.

"I know everything that's happening in Italy, as I follow you from there and know perfectly what you write. I know that you predict the worst and that you are taking for granted that I will never recover physically.

"However, the work I have done here has worked. During these weeks I worked hard. I will return to Italy, and I will return not to say goodbye to football and my career."

The 32-year-old joined Milan from Lazio in 2002 and has made 156 appearances for the team, scoring three goals in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment